As one of the country's leading and largest colleges – supporting around 26,000 learners each year – our focus is on shaping happy, well educated, work-ready and socially mobile young people. We are committed to ensuring you reach a positive destination at the end of your learning journey.
Whether your ambition is to go straight into the world of work, to gain on-the-job training as an apprentice, to head to university or to set up your own business venture, our job is to secure the right pathway for you.
We provide a learning experience that is always engaging, challenging and interactive. We have a top team who deliver excellent teaching and nationally recognised support to help you reach your goals. From the outset of your studies, you will have clear academic and personal targets, backed by effective feedback to keep your progress on track.
The advantages of studying at Derby College go well beyond qualifications alone. We're all about building the skills, attitudes and behaviours that employers and the nation need most.
Designed in collaboration with industry, business and the professions, our vocational pathways concentrate on developing your employability skills. You'll benefit from work experience, expert mentoring and vital insights into latest industry practice to make sure you can add value from your very first day in a job.
If you aspire to higher education, we'll foster your independent learning, critical thinking and research skills to accelerate your progress at the university. If you're considering launching your own business, you'll develop entrepreneurship skills to translate your ideas into action.
At Derby College, you'll also gain a crucial toolkit of wider personal and social skills to support you wherever life takes you. Communication, teamworking, enterprise, initiative, respect for others, citizenship and financial management are all part of the picture to nurture your future prosperity and wellbeing.
Last year 99% of the learners we tracked had progressed into positive destinations.
You can apply to Derby College online at any time but, for an even closer look at what we can offer, do come along to one of our information evenings or register for a taster event in your chosen subject.
We look forward to welcoming you to our friendly and inclusive learning community, to helping you realize your potential and to celebrating your future successes.
Studying at Derby College
Your success is central to everything we do at Derby College. Our ambition is for all our learners to achieve their full potential during their time with us.
With fantastic facilities spread across state-of-the-art campuses, excellent support services, a wide range of courses and an excellent success record, Derby College is a great place to study.
- Facilities – From the fully-equipped teaching kitchens at The Roundhouse to the hi-tech science labs at the Joseph Wright Centre and the Equestrian Centre at Broomfield, we have invested heavily in our teaching and learning facilities.
Each Derby College site has its own Learning Resource Centre, providing a full range of books, journals and audio-visual resources as well as group study and quiet study areas.
Computers are available on all campuses – at some sites laptops can be accessed at the library for use during study periods, breaks and in lessons.
Our sports facilities and SENSI salons are open to all learners and each site has its own café and social areas for you to relax in.
- Courses - With over 1,000 full-time, part-time, apprenticeships, A-levels, BTECs, NVQS and plenty more to choose from, we will almost certainly have a course that's right for you.
- Community - We have a thriving student community across the College. The award-winning Students' Union offers a number of services and opportunities to help you make the most of your time at Derby College from events and activities to clubs and societies.
- Feeling safe – we believe our Learners have the right to be and feel safe. We have a College helpline for Learners who think they have suffered any form of abuse including;
- Physical Abuse - No one should touch you in a way that physically hurts. This may include hitting, slapping, pushing, kicking or holding you back.
- Sexual Abuse - No one should touch you in a anner that makes you feel uncomfortable or upset. No one should make suggestive sexual remarks to you.
- Emotional Abuse - No one should upset your feelings by bullying you, by taunting, teasing or making belittling remarks. Stealing No one should force you to hand over money or possessions. Stealing is a criminal offence.
- Discrimination - No one should be treated badly because of their difference in age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion. Everyone is different.
- Neglect - If you are looked after by a carer he/she should not neglect or ignore you. You should know you are cared for.
Whether you're looking for a route into university, preparing for the world of work, or seeking to upgrade your skills, you're making a vital investment in your future by choosing Derby College.
We'd love you to become part of our success story.
Ta szkoła oferuje programy z:
- Język angielski